My second step in greening my beauty regimen…Part 2
[photo source: istockphoto.com]
In case you missed Part 1: My second step in greening my beauty regimen…Part 1
So, now let’s discuss the many benefits of dry brushing, shall we….
- Dry brushing helps to shed dead skin cells, which helps to improve skin texture and cellular renewal.
- It increases circulation to the skin, encouraging the body’s discharge of metabolic wastes. This process does wonders to help the lymphatic drainage of the entire body. The fewer toxins in the body, the more efficient it can function.
- Believe it or not, dry brushing helps tighten skin due to the increase in blood flow. This increase in circulation helps lessen the appearance of cellulite. So much money is spent on creams for this purpose, but dry brushing is far more superior, and less expensive.
- “Dry brushing stimulates lymph canals to drain toxic mucoid matter into the colon, an action that purifies the entire system & enables the lymph to perform its house-cleaning duties by keeping the blood & other vital tissues detoxified.” After consistent dry brushing, you may notice this gelatinous mucoid material during bowel elimination.
- Dry brushing helps improve muscle tone and a more even distribution of fat deposits.
- It stimulates nerve endings in the skin which helps to rejuvenate the nervous system.
- Because it eliminates clogged pores, skin can absorb nutrients better. Healthy skin that is free to breathe greatly contributes to overall health.
As you can see, there’s a world of benefits to dry brushing that far surpass vanity. If you sit at a computer or desk all day, or lead an inactive lifestyle, dry brushing should be part of your daily routine. It can greatly improve stiff necks and shoulders, arms, backs and spines. The increased blood flow spreads to these areas as you dry brush, resulting in increased electromagnetic energy allowing you to feel energized and invigorated!
Next, I’ll cover how to get started with a dry brushing regimen.
I heard about this ages ago and never really tried it but I can imagine how it would have the benefits you listed – I’ll have to incorporate it into my routine, thanks for the post!
Glad you liked it, you really should give it a try, benefits are amazing & cheap! : ) Thanks for stopping by.
Pingback: My second step in greening my beauty regimen..Part 3 | SUITE7beautyTALK