There are seven fundamental types of catastrophes. Beauty is not one of them.
It’s been a while since my last post but the second I heard about the beauty collabo of mega-makeup conglom MAC & its ultimate celebrity equal, none other than Marilyn Monroe, I just knew a post was coming.
Having spent the other day exhaustively expressing & editing my thoughts on this long-awaited moment….um, you can read that article ☛ here , I barely have any words left, so here’s my summary:
* It took them way too long to create this collection, we’re talking Marilyn Monroe! In what world does the visual clownery that is Nicki Minaj precede the camera-loving smolder of Marilyn?! No seriously, how duzzz that happen?
* The collection is huge – 29 pieces total of classic beauty. We’re talkin’ false lashes, mascara, liquid eye liner, liquid brow marker, a brow grooming tool, 4 eye shadow shades, 2 kohl eye pencil shades, 5 shades of lipstick, 2 Dazzleglass shades, 3 lip pencil shades, 2 shades of blush, beauty powder and 5 shades of nail lacquer, all the prettier we shall be…
* It’s LE. Nothing surprising here so you’ll want to get it while it’s hot!
* The entire collection is available online & some of the items have already sold out but it will officially launch in stores tomorrow, October 4th.
* Members of MAC PRO will benefit from an extra 30-40% discount. Always a nice perk which means you can buy more for less ~ sweet!
* My favorite part of all ~ as an eternal keepsake, the collection is encased in specially designed packaging featuring imagery from The Black Sitting; Marilyn’s 1956 session with famed photographer Milton Greene. Marilyn fans should know the images from that sitting well, it’s legendary.
So there you have it, my beloved Marilyn finally commemorated by MAC! Like Marilyn was prone to do, they truly kept us waiting. Now here’s hoping, it will also be worth the wait!